Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tinychat Review

Quick Summary
Tinychat allows you to create video chat rooms with as many people as you want. It allows video and audio. It is a free service, which means there are ads. It's all through their website so you don't download any program. There is an ability to have a group whiteboard. There is also a text chat too that can be used. You can also join a random chat room, although I'm not in need of that sort of people connection some people might like it.

Things I Like

  • Login using FB, Twitter, or create an account with them. 
  • Currently this is the only service I know of that allows you to create a large video chat room. I can't do it with skype, you can do four people in iChat, but nothing quite like this.
  • Simple site, doesn't try to be a social network in the same way that FB or Twitter do. 
  • All through their website, I don't have to d/l anything.
Things I Don't Like
  • Because of the technology involved with chat and video, the site is a little slow and wonky at times. 
  • Banner ads are large and distracting.
  • No search option to find a chat room (at least I couldn't find it).
  • By allowing people to join random rooms, you get some pretty lewd stuff (think Penis on your computer screen)

No comments:

Post a Comment