Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Farmville Review

**This is a facebook game. You will have to be on facebook to play it. Even their website requires you to have a facebook account.

I recommend this game for people looking to waste time and build community (not mutually exclusive).

Quick Summary
Farmville is a facebook game that allows you to manage a "farm". You invite your friends to be your neighbors and then you get to farm together. This is essentially the most social based game I have ever seen. You can send gifts (get your friends involved), add neighbors (get your friends involved), invite friends (get your friends involved), and so on. Once you have neighbors you can help each other by doing farming tasks for them.

You have fake gold coins that you earn by harvesting, spend by planting, and earn more of by paying real money for them. I mean that makes sense right, spend real money for fake money.

This game is a super simple, social game. I wish I had thought of it.

Things I Like
  • Super simple
  • Addictive
  • Fun thing to get your friends involved with.
Things I Don't Like
  • That I didn't think of it first. 
  • Addictive
  • Takes real time for crops to grow (soy beans take a day, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment