Friday, February 26, 2010

Flavors.me Review

Check out what I made using the service: http://flavors.me/jeffpatzer

Quick Summary
Flavors.me just sprung into existence a few days ago. Essentially it is a system that allows you to create a personal webpage in literally, about 5 minutes. You sign up for an account (free) and then are given a dashboard that lets you build your site by pulling in information from multiple other services like facebook, twitter, etc...So  you can have a quick blurb about yourself and then all the services that you link to the page are listed under that. It allows you to pool all the various sites that you use into one place fast and easy.

They have a paid version that allows you to have some extra features like a personal domain, analytics, and a contact page. Nothing to really write home about, but I guess the have to make money somehow.

Things I Like

  • Super easy, quick, and customizable.
  • Pulls everything from different sites into one place.
  • Makes a pretty site.
Things I Don't Like
  • Doesn't really allow you to expand your site. You are limited to the information that you can pull in from other sites. 
  • The site might be the best for bloggers and social networkers, but doesn't really provide much other functionality. 
  • To get their main function, analytics, I'd have to pay 20$, but google analytics is free.
  • Kind of like a simplified myspace without the social networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment